The 2017/18 Formula E season got underway in the heart of Hong Kong with two dramatic days of electric street racing. There were thrills, spills and a heartbreaking disqualification.
1) A pedestrian crosses over the Hong Kong Central Harbourfront Circuit
2) Free views of the Hong Kong E-Prix
3) Final preparations for Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler
4) A future champion?
5) Mahindra Racing, represent!
6) The drivers’ parade
7) The perfect spot for a Blue Girl, the official beer of the Hong Kong E-Prix
8) Daniel Abt of Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler thought he’d claimed his maiden victory in the second race of the Hong Kong E-Prix double header, but the German driver was later disqualified due to a “technical infringement”
9) Fans watch on against the backdrop of the Hong Kong Observation Wheel
10) Pedestrian traffic builds during the race
11) A great day in HK
12) Daniel Abt receives congratulations
13) Initial winner Daniel Abt (center), runner-up Felix Rosenqvist of Mahindra Racing (left) and third-place finisher Edoardo Mortara of Venturi (right) at the post-race press conference – Rosenqvist would be awarded the race win after Abt’s disqualification
14) Daniel Abt reflects on the race
The next Formula E race takes place in Marrakesh on Jan 13, 2018.
Read More: Formula E: The Future of Motorsports?