The iPhone XR, iPhone Xs and the Apple Watch Series 4 were unveiled yesterday. Here’s all the information you need to know about when these devices drop, and how you can get your hands on them in Singapore.
Fresh off Apple Park are the iPhone XR, iPhone Xs (and a version called the Xs Max) and a fourth generation Apple Watch that promises to be a health guardian. These roll out over this month and next.
iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
• iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max build on the all-screen design of iPhone X and feature the sharpest displays with the highest pixel density of any Apple device.
• Wireless charging thanks to a glass back.
• Improved experiences with games, photography, video editing and graphics-intensive apps with the Apple-designed A12 Bionic, said to be the smartest and most powerful chip in a smartphone.
Availability: Customers can pre-order the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21.
Capacity: iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB capacity models
Colors: Space gray, silver and a new gold finish
Pricing: Starts from US$999 (iPhone Xs) and US$1,099 (iPhone Xs Max), from apple.com/sg, in the Apple Store app and Apple Stores, and is also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
Apple Watch 4
• Greater visibility with a 30% larger display, a thinner and smaller case and curved edges that allow for a more seamless interaction with the updated interface. App icons and fonts are bigger.
• Comes with some serious health monitoring functions. Users can take an ECG reading right from the wrist using the new ECG app, which takes advantage of the electrodes built into the Digital Crown and new electrical heart rate sensor in the back crystal. Also, with watchOS 5, Apple Watch intermittently analyzes heart rhythms in the background and sends a notification if an irregular heart rhythm such as AFib is detected. It can also alert the user if the heart rate exceeds or falls below a specified threshold.
• Detects falls using Apple Watch’s accelerometer and gyroscope to identify when a hard fall occurs, allowing the watch to send a notification to the user which can be dismissed or used to initiate a call to emergency services. After the notification, if Apple Watch senses immobility for 60 seconds, it will automatically call emergency services and send a message along with location to emergency contacts.
Availability: Customers in Singapore will be able to order all models of the Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21.
Models: Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS),Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Nike+ and Apple Watch Hermès.
Colors: Along with the three aluminium finishes anodized in silver, gold and space grey, Apple Watch Series 4 now comes in a striking gold stainless steel with matching Milanese band, joining the silver and space black stainless steel models. A new collection of bands debut for fall and all bands continue to work with any generation of Apple Watch.
Pricing: Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) starts at S$599 and Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) starts at S$749 both featuring the updated design and new health capabilities. Series 3 will be available at the new starting price of S$419, making it even more accessible to customers.
• The iPhone XR integrates breakthrough technologies from iPhone XS in an all-screen glass and aluminium design with the most advanced LCD in a smartphone featuring a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina™ display and six beautiful finishes.
• An all-screen design pushes the display of iPhone XR to its edges.
• Wireless charging thanks to a glass back.
• Better selfies – Face ID is said to be faster on the iPhone XR. The phone also comes with an enhanced Portrait mode on the front-facing TrueDepth camera and Portrait Lighting for dramatic studio lighting effects.
Availability: The iPhone XR will be available to pre-order beginning Friday, October 19 and in stores beginning Friday, October 26.
Capacity: iPhone XR will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
Colors: White, black, blue, yellow, coral and (PRODUCT)RED. A portion of proceeds for iPhone XR (PRODUCT)RED purchases will go directly to Global Fund HIV/AIDS grants that provide testing, counseling, treatment and prevention programs with a specific focus on eliminating transmission of the virus from mothers to their babies.
Pricing: starts S$1,229 from apple.com/sg and Apple Stores, and is also available through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
What are your thoughts on the latest products from Apple Park?