Singapore reached its all-time highest daily temperature of 37 degrees Celsius last week, something we haven’t experienced in 40 years. With the current heatwave, you might be tempted to dress down to be more comfortable in the hot weather. Well, what if we told you that you don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort? Scroll for our hot weather style guide on how to build outfits that look good and keep you cool in this sweltering heat:
1. Keep your feet as cool as possible to keep your body temperature down. Opt for sneakers that are made from breathable mesh uppers or open-toe sandals.
2. Stick to loose-fitting tees as they are breathable and look good with any relaxed, casual outfit.
3. Where possible, choose t-shirts that have moisture-wicking properties. They’ll help you stay dry and comfortable even on the hottest days.
4. Go for shorts rather than long pants. Besides being lightweight, they enable better airflow. Shorts made out of woven fabrics can be incredibly breathable and soft.
5. When selecting a bag, opt for ones made out of nylon as they promote airflow and ventilation, reducing sweat buildup and helping you keep cool in the hot weather.
6. Complete your outfits with a cap or hat. They prevent sunburns and keep the sunlight out of your eyes.
Make the most of our weather style guide and take advantage of Nike’s latest sale to refresh your wardrobe! From May 19 to 22, get exclusive deals on sale items and markdowns on some popular items. Explore our favorite items from Nike.com that can help you beat the heat in style below!
Nike Air Presto
Nike ACG Lowcate
Nike ACG Watercat+
Nike Oneonta Next Nature Men’s Sandals
Nike Air Max SYSTM
Nike Sportswear Premium Essentials
Nike Dri-FIT Training T-Shirt
Nike Sportswear Max90
Nike Sportswear Woven Lined Flow Shorts
Nike SB El Chino Skate Shorts
Jordan Jumpman Washed Bucket Hat
Nike ACG Bucket Hat
Nike Sportswear Heritage 86 Adjustable Cap
Nike Sportswear HeritageHip Pack (3L)